This year we decided to take our kids to the Circus. Ringling Brothers was doing a show called Dragons. Add to that a comment from Enoch to Dave that he wants to grow up to be a clown and we just HAD to go. We got there early so that Enoch could participate in the clown school, which he really enjoyed. There was also a huge moon bounce obstacle course that both boys loved. Overall, I was amazed again at how much they fit into the show. It was almost 3 hours long and when we left there was a torrential downpour, but it was worth it. I think I spent most of the time with my mouth wide open in shock at all of the daring stunts.
With the plethora of horses and the promise of a dragon, Phinn was beyond excited. He barely stayed awake long enough to see the dragon at the end. He was drooping so much it was almost comical.
I think I liked the dog show the best, it was just so darn cute.
I didn't get any good pictures of all the horse stunts because they were just moving way too fast, but I have to tell you, it was amazing and very scary. I was sure someone was going to be trampled.
The motorcycle on a high wire with two women dangling from it, were right above our heads. CRAZY stuff.
As always, the lion taming act was cool. The picture we got is great too, look at the crazy eyes of the lion!
Hilde's favorite thing was these girls that were in these large plastic balls suspended up way high. The balls opened and closed and they did all sorts of tricks.
And really, who wants to hang from their hair! These ladies were probably 100 feet in the air spinning and spinning while hanging by their hair. Headache anyone?
The boys loved the Shaolin warrior portion. Enoch had joined them in their pre-show class and was enthralled watching all of their tricks. It was pretty cool, but some tricks were pretty hard to watch.
Dave caught the warrior jumping through a ring of knives and fire perfectly.
The acrobats were a little off that night. They did some amazing things, but there were a lot of drops and misses as well.
The final act was the metal ball with motorcycles riding around inside it. It was AWESOME. I can't explain it to you, but they got up to 8 cyclists in there. It was ridiculous.
All in all it was a wonderful night!
No comments:
Post a Comment