Sunday, 11 May 2008

Happy Mothering Day

England celebrates Mother's day in March, so I am really belated with my mother's day wishes this year. When they refer to the US holiday, it is called Mothering Day. So our ward program today said "Happy Mothering Day to all colonials".

To my mom, I love you. Here are some things I thought about today, and why I am glad you are my mom.

- You let me be me, and loved me for it.
- You always set an example of faith and service.
- You were open and honest with me and I always felt I could talk to you about anything.
- You were fun to be around, and we laughed loudly and often growing up.
- You were really good about not holding our mistakes against us long term, setting a good example for forgiveness.
- You taught me about being a good wife and mother. We all knew that you and dad put each other first and that you backed each other up in good times and bad.
- You make great Caramel Corn.

There are lots of other things, but the main thing is that you were just the right mom for me. So Happy Mothering Day Mum!

3 comments:

Christina said...

How funny-we are the same person! I had no idea you were doing a "tribute" to mom, but go look at my blog and you will realize how exactly the same we are!

Maren said...

That's so sweet. The only time I've been to England happened to be over Mothering Sunday in March. Quinn and I went to church (not knowing the holiday) and were a bit surprised to hear all the talks about Mothers. It's nice that they do it during an otherwise celebration-less time, but I think I prefer the May date because the flowers are all in bloom.

"Colonials"- how quaint.

Lyf2.0 said...

That was so sweet. I love your mom too!

Maren, they could call us "Yanks"