We didn't really do anything to celebrate Mother's Day, but I got two sweet surprises from my boys. The first one I'll keep between Dave and I, suffice it to say that I married one terrific guy who knows how to make a pregnant lady cry (in happiness). I am willing to share this conversation with Enoch from yesterday. We were walking into Fountain's Abbey with Kari and family who are here this week.
Dave was walking holding both kids hands and I was following a little behind having just locked the car, etc. Enoch looked back and saw me, dropped Dave's hand and started coming to me. Dave stopped him for safety reasons (we were on the road) and Enoch said "but I want to hold Mommy's hand." So I caught up with him and grabbed his hand.
E: I just wanted to hold your hand mommy.
M: Thank you sweetheart.
E: I didn't want you to be lonely.
M: How nice of you.
E: Because I love you.
M: I love you too.
E: Because you are the very best mommy.
M: Thanks honey, you are my best boy.
E: I love you.
M: I love you too.
Then we walk into Fountain's Abbey, which was amazingly beautiful as always. That was all I needed to have a fabulous Mother's Day. I hope that the other Mother's out there got something special too.
No comments:
Post a Comment