Thursday, 20 October 2011

Signs of the Times

My favorite sign in Harrogate is the I Love DY sign.  And yes, I have a tee shirt and a post card with that on it for obvious reasons.  The restaurant is Damn Yankee, and we had to teach our kids that it was OK to say its name.  The food there is supposed to be American.  They are obviously marketing towards the Americans - and some of the food is American inspired.  Chicken and Sweet corn burritos anyone? 
 Then there are the old churches dotting every street.  This one had a Sunday School building.
 Here we have a plaque commemorating the planting of a tree celebrating peace in South Africa. 
 And Hilde found this shop to be charming.  Unfortunately we were never there when it was open and we had time to go in.  Better luck next time?
 And although technically this doesn't have a sign, the door and the layout of this tiny church was perfect.  I loved walking past it, and I think it was for sale.....any takers?

No comments: