I fall asleep during movies all the time. Even if it is 10 at night, and it is an action movie. In fact, especially when it is an action movie. If there is nothing but shooting, car chases and fights, it puts me to sleep. So something totally uncharacteristic happened Friday night. Dave was busy doing a bunch of things he needed to get done, so I had the night to myself. At about 10 I decided to put on a show. I searched the TV channels, nothing. So I turned to our DVDs. I came to the A&E miniseries of Pride and Prejudice. I thought to myself, this is good and I haven't seen it in ages, I'll just watch it for a while. But as I started watching it, I became addicted to the drug, I couldn't turn it off. I think it had a lot to do with living here now. Seeing all the scenery and thinking, wow, I live there. It made me want to see where else they would go, and if I would recognize any of it. Well, when I finally went to bad at 4 AM I was glad I watched it. It was better than I remembered, and good romance movies that I like are few and far between. I checked the locations where they filmed it, and I haven't been to any of those places yet, but I definitely will before our time is up here. So last night, at 10 o'clock on the dot Dave suggested we start watching all 3 Lord of the Rings back to back, I told him sure, but I'll be asleep in 45 minutes!
This is the story of our family. The travels, laughter, fun times and maybe even a few frustrations.
Sunday, 31 August 2008
Pride & Prejudice
I fall asleep during movies all the time. Even if it is 10 at night, and it is an action movie. In fact, especially when it is an action movie. If there is nothing but shooting, car chases and fights, it puts me to sleep. So something totally uncharacteristic happened Friday night. Dave was busy doing a bunch of things he needed to get done, so I had the night to myself. At about 10 I decided to put on a show. I searched the TV channels, nothing. So I turned to our DVDs. I came to the A&E miniseries of Pride and Prejudice. I thought to myself, this is good and I haven't seen it in ages, I'll just watch it for a while. But as I started watching it, I became addicted to the drug, I couldn't turn it off. I think it had a lot to do with living here now. Seeing all the scenery and thinking, wow, I live there. It made me want to see where else they would go, and if I would recognize any of it. Well, when I finally went to bad at 4 AM I was glad I watched it. It was better than I remembered, and good romance movies that I like are few and far between. I checked the locations where they filmed it, and I haven't been to any of those places yet, but I definitely will before our time is up here. So last night, at 10 o'clock on the dot Dave suggested we start watching all 3 Lord of the Rings back to back, I told him sure, but I'll be asleep in 45 minutes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love Pride and Prejudice! Good job watching it ALL in a night. It must run in our family, I fall asleep ALL THE TIME watching movies.
SHells-Looks like London was great! And thanks so much for the caramel popcorn recipe! I CRAVE that stuff!
A&E's P&P rocks! It's a good rainy-day afternoon movie to watch.
They are the best Lizzie and Darcy ever! And that annoying sister, I forget her name, well she and Wickham deserve each other! I love it when people do drastically uncharacteristic things, and this was awesome that you did it just for you. How's the recovering from sleep deprivation going? Now you'll just fall asleep in front of MORE movies!
Post a Comment