Thursday, 1 January 2009

Fountains Abbey with Family

We took the entire group to Fountain's Abbey. It was cold and frosty, but also breathtakingly beautiful. In a way, it becoming a sacred space for us. There is a feeling of overall peace and beauty. And since its routes are so religious, you can't help but think of the Lord and all of your blessings. Here are some pictures of our trip:

3 comments:

Christina said...

Did you guys have the whole place to yourselves? I guess I know the best time of year to visit- even if it is a little cold!

Shells said...

Just about. A lot of the places we visited had smaller crowds due to the coldness.

Stephanie said...

I love looking at the pictures of Fountains Abbey. Each time I am amazed by how beautiful it is there. And, Hilde sure is not camera shy! She is so cute!