I am a big bluegrass fan, particularly banjo. My grandpa once played mandolin in a band and I remember my mom telling me that his band's picture was up on the wall of one of the places they used to play at. Maybe it is in my blood. Last Christmas Dave bought me two CDs by Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers. The kids have been forced to listen to them often enough in the car that they know, and even like, a lot of the songs. For my birthday, Dave got tickets for him, Hilde, Enoch and I to go see them play at Wolf Trap. It was a gorgeous night and the concert was great. In all the excitement about the band, I forgot how funny a comedian Steve really is. In between every song he was hamming it up. Some of it was quite hilarious.


No comments:
Post a Comment