Friday, 25 June 2010

Cruise - Day 8 Corsica

Corsica - the birthplace of Napoleon. Our excursion here was purely for the kids, and it was just their speed. We went to a Tortoise reserve for a few hours. On the way there we stopped to see the monument to Napoleon. It was huge and little out of place with the rest of Corsica. Our tour guide on this trip was very French. He would make these passing comment jokes that nobody but Dave and I seemed to get. In an attempt to have something to talk about during our drive to the reserve, he pointed out hay bales and talked about how ecologically sensitive they were....mostly based on their lack of funds to cultivate their land. We had a good time and headed back to the ship in time for a late lunch.




Look at the tooth and jaws of this snapping turtle. I wouldn't want to meet that when swimming.
After we returned to the boat it was time for my pedicure. I got lovely views out the ship windows while my feet were massaged, tortured and then painted. Hilde was pretty jealous, so I might have to paint her nails again real soon! That night was Villain night. There was a villain show that I was looking forward to, but I met my own villain - sea sickness. As we pulled out of port we hit some rough seas. According to the staff they had seen much worse, but my stomach didn't seem to care. The only cure was to fall asleep and wait it out. It was terrible - medicine didn't help at all. Luckily, this was the one and only time I was seasick, I was fine by morning when we found calmer seas, and nobody else in the clan was affected.

No comments: